Zurixx is on the hunt for a very special, very specific Vice President of Marketing... We know she/he is out there and we can't wait to make their acquaintance.
Our marketing group is a high performing, high intensity team that will not suffer impostors and will be intimately involved in the screening and interviewing process to identify the person who will lead them, so apply at your own risk. Your first month will be in the trenches with these people - literally in a cubicle in the center of the action. If this gives you pause, then you're not the right candidate. If it sounds like a worthwhile challenge, read on.
You'll need to be not only familiar with, but relish big budgets, tight deadlines, smart and well-funded competition, high level accountability and complete measurement transparency. Your team's results are quite literally "out there..." Posted in real time on large wall monitors here at HQ.
Still reading? Here's a view into what you'd be doing and what we expect:
- Attract, retain and build a team of direct response marketing, design, content production, technical and administrative professionals who work to consistently, systematically and predictably hit and exceed marketing targets across multiple channels
- Directly and productively manage channel directors for social media marketing, content marketing, direct mail and offline media
- Implement, tweak and improve marketing reporting, processes, systems, tools and technology
- Foster, maintain and grow a culture of results-based accountability throughout the marketing group through use of consistent systems, processes, evaluative tools and data
- Evolve the company’s testing methodology and execution through the use of current tools, best practices and a data-driven decision making culture to drive critical business decisions.
- Drive the various marketing calendars – content, event-based, channel driven, etc.
- Work with IT to evaluate, improve and maintain all marketing-related technology (platforms, automation, web sites, etc.)
- Collaborate directly with the owners and executive team, the larger management team and external agency partners
- Responsible for creating and managing a quarterly marketing budget in collaboration with the CFO
- Relentless in your drive for results, data, teamwork, incremental improvement and detail
- Not someone constantly swinging for fences, but rather a detail-oriented process and systems person who uses data to inform decision-making, testing, budgeting and performance evaluation
- Someone who engenders the loyalty and respect of your teams via your work ethic, focus on team-oriented achievement and management style
- A roll your sleeves up executive, both capable and unafraid of diving into the smallest details and most menial tasks involved in our marketing efforts when the situation requires it
- More than “just” a digital marketer, you have meaningful experience and demonstrated results in offline channels as well
- Someone who understands brand value marketing, but knows how to wed this understanding to the dynamics of direct response
- Someone who’s able to travel when necessary, but prefers staying put to focus on results and the performance of your teams
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years in cross-functional, direct response marketing environment
- 4+ years in Director and/or marketing leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability (we’ll ask you to prove it) to drive repeatable, positive results across multiple marketing channels using systems, processes and technology tools
- Proven experience in the economics of direct response marketing
- Proven experience productively and positively managing Director and Senior Manager level staff who are managing teams of their own
- Serious technology chops across marketing automation, testing tools, conversion optimization, etc.
- Proven ability to assist in the design of, and then use productively, reporting, dashboards and attribution models used to make the critical decisions in your role
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in a disruptive education business or business function
- Television and/or infomercial marketing experience
- Competitive executive compensation package
- Executive PTO package
- Full health, dental and vision plan for you and your family
- Monthly spa benefits and in-office massage chairs
- On-site gym, in-office yoga, stretching & meditation
- Company sponsored sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen and game rooms
- Commuter's dream; just off I-215 at the 6200 S Exit
Zurixx works with some of North America’s most impactful celebrities and brands, but it’s our team culture that sets us apart. As such, we are incredibly picky about who we bring in to join us.
Below are just a few of our awards. In addition to fostering our culture, we actively build local communities and have raised and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for a large number of charities and organizations. Learn more on the Zurixx website.
- 3x Certified Great Place To Work
- 2x Salt Lake Tribune’s Top Workplace Award
- Utah’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies
- 43rd in INC. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- CEO recognized as Utah Business CEO of the Year